- You want something different.
- You think there should be a better way.
- You see other groups thinking differently and wonder how they do it.
- You know that things need to change but just can’t create a picture of the future you want to see.
So what do you do?
Well if you can’t visualise the future you want to see, try visualising the future you would least like to see and then do the opposite.
Think about what your version of the bad future would look like.
- what would you be doing in the bad future?
- what would your colleagues be doing in the bad future?
- what kind of relationships would you have in the bad future?
- what products and services would you provide in the bad future?
- who would you provide those products and services to in the bad future?
- how would you be responsible for the bad future?
Think about what that future would look like, think about every step that you would take to create the bad future, and then DO THE OPPOSITE.